We need News Reporters!
TheTwoCents is a volunteer organization that shares our opinions (TwoCents) with readers in hopes that they would share their opinions back with us. We host celebrity interviews, recaps & reviews of the majority of programs on television and of course – TV News. The Senior Staff at TheTwoCents believes that TV News will be a big part of TheTwoCents in the very near future and we’re looking to flesh out a top-notch talented group to lead that charge.
Keep reading for more details.
- Must be computer savvy enough to learn to post directly to WordPress online software. We can teach you.
- TheTwoCents Senior Staff will email news stories (stuido press releases, web links, etc) to you. You then take the info and make a news story about it, inserting your own TwoCents at the end in a brief paragraph.
- It has to be timely. This isn’t a “I’ll get to it this weekend” kinda gig – News is only News if it’s timely.
- Using TheTwoCentsNews Twitter account. Once a News Story is posted (either by News Team or other staff) you log in to the TTCNews account and click the Twitter link on the story. That’s the easiest part of the job.
- Actively search out news yourself for posting.
- Possible inclusion in Interviews as time progresses.
- No tabloid stuff (drugs, arrests, divorces, pretty much any personal stuff) Exceptions include TV Celebrity Deaths which we post in our Farewell (In Memorium) section.
- No spoilers of future episodes (the ending of Lost is…)
- Keep stories succinct – 100-200 words is good.
- Credit ALL sources. Wherever you hear the news, unless it’s direct from a network to us, you must quote and source the story.
- All news you write should be unique to TheTwoCents. Please do not write the same story for your personal website and/or any other sites without checking with Senior Staff first.
So, if you’re interested, email us at Reporters@TheTwoCents.com and lets chat.